Friday, March 14, 2008

New fighting spirit

I had, somewhat previously unknown to me, a particular type of “fighting spirit” which would take on a somnolently philosophical quality in the interim between wakefulness and slow, heaving sleeping. In visual finesses, there was made an incredible case for throwing a punch at any stranger who happened to drop a cigarette butt on any beautiful arrangement of stones comprising any beautiful, twisted, narrow street down which I traveled or upon which I stood, wistful and idle. In a convincing rebuttal of all ideas of Christian morality, the case was made by way of a new formulation of thought that follows a movement throughout a network of inspiration and liberation. If I were to let some stranger have it, if I were to throw a punch for a seemingly trivial reason, but one that amounted to a lot for me, I might pass along some substantial amount of inspiration. That is to say, it was made clear to me that such action would be passed on in the form of the stranger awakening to a life of fighting, that he would then throw a punch at the next stranger he witnessed doing something that violated one of his own ethical considerations. That stranger would in turn do the same and then so on until the universe were passing not in fits and starts but in one ecstatic brawl, punches being the chosen methods of propulsion and communication for most people in most places – freedom.

No comments: